Sales Practices, solicitations, advertising regulations adopted
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has posted the final version of consumer-protection regulations adopted by the OCC, FDIC, OTS, and Federal Reserve under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
The regulations apply to retail sales practices, solicitations, advertising, and offers of insurance products and annuities by depository institutions or persons engaged in these activities at an office of the institution or on behalf of the institution. A large percentage of all annuities are sold at or by banks, so the rules will have broad effect.
In the case of a conflict with the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products, the new rules will control. The new rules, which take effect on April 1, 2001, are available online in PDF format at http://www.occ.treas.gov/fr/part14.pdf
Copyright 2000, John M. Baker, Esq., Stradley, Ronon, Stevens & Young, LLP, 1220 19th Street, N.W., Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036 – (202) 822-9611- Fax (202) 822-0140 This article was originally posted to the FundLaw List, http://www.egroups.com/group/fundlaw. To subscribe to FundLaw, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing herein is intended as legal or financial advice. The law is different in different jurisdictions, and the facts of a particular matter can change the application of the law. Please consult an attorney or your financial advisor before acting upon the information contained in this article.
Return to The Securities Law Home Page
- SEC Charges Seven Individuals for $45 Million Fraudulent Scheme
- Can Robinhood Stop Trading in A Particular Stock?
- Alibaba’s Results Cast Aside Jack Ma’s Omission From List Of Entrepreneurs
- SEC Awards Over $500,000 to Two Whistleblowers
- U.S. EB-5 Investor Immigration Needs Renewal And Overhaul
- SEC Awards More Than $9.2 Million to Whistleblower for Successful Related Actions, Including Agreement With DOJ
- Chamath Palihapitiya’s Clover Health Discloses New SEC Investigation And Responds To Short-Seller’s Scathing Allegations
- SEC Suspends Trading in Multiple Issuers Based on Social Media and Trading Activity
- Fee Rate Advisory #3 for Fiscal Year 2021
- HK Property Investor Goodwin Gaw Spies World Of Bargains On The Horizon
Introductions and Primers
- What is Securities Arbitration?
- Overview of the Securities Arbitration Process
- The Firm’s Lawyer or Your Own Lawyer?
- Finders Explained – Be Careful
- Federal Securities Law, a Securities Lawyer Guide
- Introduction to State Securities (Blue Sky) Laws
- Expungement of Customer Complaints
- Guide to Broker-Dealer Registration