The Investment Adviser Act of 1940 is the statute that provides the regulations for the registration and oversight of individuals and corporations who are not brokers or dealers, but who provide investment advice to the public.
Need more information?
Looking for a securities attorney? – Visit Sallah Astarita & Cox, LLC, representing investors, brokers, advisers, and issuers nationwide, with decades of experience in arbitration, regulation, and litigation matters as former Senior SEC Enforcement attorneys, former prosecutors, and outside counsel to large and small financial firms.
- James E. Grimes Named Chief ALJ at SEC
- What is Blue Sky Law?
- Securities Law Blog Roundup
- SEC Investigation Not a Covered Claim for Hertz
- Luckin Coffee Agrees to Pay $180 Million Penalty to Settle Accounting Fraud Charges
- SEC Charges Founder, Digital-Asset Issuer With Fraudulent ICO
- Accredited Investor Definition
- Martha Stewart Indictment
- Securities Lawyer, Attorney
- What is Securities Law?
- Attorney Barred From Appearing Before SEC
- Five-Year Statute Applies to Claims for Disgorgement
- Churning – Definition and Cases
- SEC’s Fast Answers – Rule 504
- SEC Fast Answers – Rule 506
Return to The Securities Law Home Page
Sallah Astarita & Cox, LLC, securities attorneys providing nationwide representation in securities litigation, regulation, and arbitration matters.
Copyright 2010. VGIS Communications LLC. All Rights Reserved. VGIS Communications, LLC – 60 Pompton Avenue, Verona, New Jersey 973-559-5566. Nothing herein is intended as legal or financial advice. The law is different in different jurisdictions, and the facts of a particular matter can change the application of the law. Please consult an attorney or your financial adviser before acting upon the information contained in this article. For additional information, contact Mark J. Astarita, Esq., a partner in the law firm of Sallah Astarita& Cox, who represents clients in a wide variety of finance-related matters. Mr. Astarita can be contacted by email at email@example.com.